NEW MEMBER APPLICATION PROCEDURE
NEXT NEW MEMBER ORIENTATION: February 25, 2023
Orientations are in-person classes followed by facility tours. Classes will be held on the 4th Saturday of every month. Due to space restrictions, all applicants must submit an application prior to this date. Once received, your spot in the Orientation class will be confirmed by the Membership Officer.
If you are interested in joining via this method, send a completed application to [email protected] Include a valid email address, as this will be the primary form of contact to update when & how orientations will take place.
WHERE: ARPC Administrative Building
Questions & Applications should be directed to:[email protected].
Every prospective new member is encouraged to attend a Members Meeting within 90 days of becoming a member – either before or after joining.
Meetings are held on the second Thursday of every even-numbered month at 7:30 pm at the Arnold VFW Post. This is a good way to introduce yourself around – if you do not know any current club members this is your chance. At the meeting, you can fill out a New Member Application. Alternately, you can download the New Member Application from this web site, fill it out and mail it in to the club Membership Officer.
You will then be put on the list for the next New Member Orientation Day held on the 4th Saturday of the month. If you cannot make the next Orientation Day you will be put on the list for the next one to be held. If demand is high, extra Orientation Days may be scheduled.
ARPC MEMBERSHIP INFORMATION
The Arnold Rifle & Pistol Club offers two types of Annual Memberships for new members, INDIVIDUAL ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP and INDIVIDUAL & SPOUSE ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP. What’s the difference?
- INDIVIDUAL ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP – Use of facilities by the Member only; family members can accompany the Member at any time but must remain in the physical presence of the Member.
- INDIVIDUAL & SPOUSE ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP – In addition to the use of the facilities by the Member, his or her Spouse may use the facilities, independent of the Member. Children living in the household may accompany either the Member or Spouse. The Spouse must meet all requirements of membership listed below (NRA membership, background check, tour, etc.)
Applicants for membership must meet the following requirements:
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be at least 18 years old
- Present a completed membership application form (download below), including:
- A reference from a current ARPC member
You can meet members at one of our regular meetings, which are held on the second Thursday of all even-numbered months at the VFW Hall in Arnold, MO.)
- Proof of current NRA Membership
- Proof of a background checks to prove that they are lawfully able to own and possess firearms. Numerous methods of proof are acceptable in lieu of a commercial background check, including a current CCW permit, recent purchase receipt for a firearm, proof of employment in a job that requires background checks (public school teachers, private security,etc.) and many others. [Please contact our membership officer via e-mail if you have questions regarding this requirement.]
- A reference from a current ARPC member
- Complete a tour of club facilities
- Successfully complete a written examination at the time of application.
Dues and Fees:
- Initiation Fee: $250
- Annual Dues:
- $190 for Individual Annual Membership
- $255 for Family Annual Membership
- Payment accepted by Cash, Check or Credit/Debit Cards (MC-VISA-Discover)
- All memberships include a requirement that the member performs 16 hours of work for the club, or pay an annual assessment of $160 in lieu of work time when renewing their membership. (Details upon application)
- Memberships are based on the calendar year. New members joining throughout the year pay the initiation fee and a pro-rated amount for annual dues.
New Member Orientation Days:
- At the New Member Orientation, we will go over your application and verify your NRA status, background check, etc. There will be a presentation of general club rules and a safety discussion. Then you will go out and take a tour of the club to cover the safety rules on the different ranges. This tour takes about 90 minutes. After that, you go back to the club office where you will take a safety test about your tour, pay the balance of your dues and the initiation fee, get your picture taken for your badge, and will be issued a gate access card.
IMPORTANT! NRA Membership Information:
- If you are not already a member, call the NRA at 877-672-2000 and sign up. You must ask them for your MEMBERSHIP NUMBER and EXPIRATION DATE – they don’t give them to you automatically, and both items are required to complete your application form.
You must have your ID# and Expiration date when you apply!
(Existing NRA members: Simply bring the address box from your most recent NRA magazine – everything’s right there!)
Membership Forms for NEW MEMBERS:
(Current Members – DO NOT use these forms for renewal! Renewal forms can be found on the home page of the Member’s Login section)
Pursuant to Club Bylaws, when applicants are accepted, they will begin a 60-day probationary period which will pertain to safety, reliability, and desirability as a club member.
For further information regarding membership in the Arnold Rifle & Pistol Club, please e-mail our Membership Officer: [email protected]